English Programs @ Oakton Academy
4th – 12th Grade Reading/Writing Programs:
- 9-10 Grade SAT Reading and Writing
- 7 – 8 Grade Advanced Reading & Writing
- 5 – 6 Grade Advanced Reading & Writing
- 4 – 5 Grade Advanced Reading & Writing
- 3-4th Grade Advanced Reading & Writing *New
- This 3-8th Grade class incorporates reading, writing, science, history, our teachers provide a creative and unique educational learning environment for our students. Reading materials include but not limited to the following:
- Prize Winning Author William Golding’s “Lord of the Flies,” “Great Expectations,” “Oliver Twist,” “Merchant of Venice,” “Giver,” “To Kill the Mockingbird,” and other Classic novels, poetry, and short stories.
- Articles from Time Magazines, New York Times, Scientific American, Washington Post. We include biographies, such as Marie Curie’s Biography, and other famous speeches (Obama’s speech, etc) as examples for students to read. Reading books include: Shakespeare’s play “Much Ado About Nothing,” Harriet Beecher Stowe’s “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”, Allen Hammond’s “A passion to know twenty profits in science,” Henrik Ibsen’s Play “Doll’s House,” “Tom Sawyer,” “To kill the Mockingbird,” “Life of Pi,” Shakespeare’s Poem “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day,” William Blake’s “A Poison Tree,” and others.
- Students who took it not only like the teacher, but also like the reading materials (literature, history, social science, natural science), as well as the creative teaching style. Below are some parents’ comments from the Reading/Writing class:
"老师独特的教学方式和孩子们丰富多彩的演讲给我们留下了深刻的印象。很高兴看到孩子们在老师的的引导下在阅读写作演讲各方面取得整体提升，而且是在有趣愉快的氛围中进行和完成！[Smile]非常感谢@Oakton Academy提供和创造了这么好的平台，让孩子们在这里快乐成长！[Joyful]恭祝节日快乐，明年春季再见[Rose]!" "旁听的家长都在4-7 年级孩子们的演讲和概括中学到很多，他们读的小说，莎士比亚的诗歌，科学家传纪。。。内容丰富多彩。谢谢孩子们的努力，家长们的支持[ThumbsUp][ThumbsUp]" "今天有幸参加阅读课的学期总结和演讲，每个孩子表现都很棒！尤其喜欢老师的教学方式，整堂课和学生之间交流很多，不断启发学生思考，提问，发言！[ThumbsUp]" "真诚感谢老师为孩子们付出的爱和心血，她的课堂使孩子们受益匪浅，同时感谢 Oakton Academy，为我们的孩子提供了一个良好的学习机会和环境。祝假期愉快！新年再见！
- Website: www.oaktonacademy.com
- Contact: OAKTONACADEMY@GMAIL.COM
- Telephone: 571-354-7199, or leave a voice message
- Mailing Address: POBox 564, Oakton, VA 22124
PSAT/SAT – College Board Reference Links:
- Compare Old and New SAT
- New SAT Reading
- Connect to AP
- PSAT Test Benefits
- Understand Scores
- Score Structure
- National Merit Scholarship Program
Tuition and registration refund policy: full tuition for each semester is due two weeks prior to the first class starting date. After 1st class trial out, there will be 100% refund; there will be a non refundable administration fee $25. If there is a special case, you are welcome to present it to the administration team: email@example.com.
Registration: www.oaktonacademy.com “registration”. Thank you!